Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I'm not afraid of the dark


I'm afraid of whats in the dark


Remember that night I decided to pour concrete super late because I was busy all day? I have had a fence post that has been sagging for a while. I finally decided I should try to take care of it so I can close the gate and maybe lock it.

 I had previously noticed that every time my sprinklers came on that all the water would flow to the gate and cause a giant puddle.  I decided to dig all around the existing post so I could reinforce the post as well as set the post in the proper place.  While digging I ended up finding an active sprinkler head buried deep below next to the post that holds the gate.



I poured concrete all around the posts and formed a curb so the gate had something to sit on. It wasn't hardening as quick as I liked so I ended up out side at 11 pm trying to finish it but hopefully this keeps my gate from sagging again. One day I may just pour a pad back there for the gate to swing on. 



So if you have saggy posts I hope this helps

Thanks for following along on the slow remodel of this house. Feel free to follow me on FacebookPinterest, Follow me on Instagram or Twitter for sneak peaks into upcoming projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drm Properties LLC. delivered straight to your inbox

* indicates required