Maeser The House on the Hill

Maeser The House On The Hill

I purchased this home because I could see the potential. It sat on 2.86 acres on a irregular shaped lot. It wasn't a huge house 1600 sqft or so. 3 bedroom 2 bath. Besides the land The veiw of the entire Uintah Valley was impeccable. Before the purchase I did do my due diligence. I went to the county to see the possible uses for the land. I was able to subdivide the property which only added to the value in my opinion. Many people look at it and walked because it seemed to be a useless property. It was on the market for years. 

It was very plain on the inside as well as on the out side. First thing to do was to paint the hideous wall on the back half of the house. It was a country farm red and clashed with any type of decor that was near it. The front half was done in a sage green and was really pretty for the most part so we color matched it so we could do touch ups. 

We also decided to put in a spiced bamboo hardwood floor. I like using actual hardwood flooring because it doesn't have those crappy trim pieces that  never seem to stay down with the laminate flooring. I also like the versatility of hardwood I like to inset carpet in living rooms in order to give a rug look put its permanent. 

 I had been working on a project for a client he had my order cabinets for. He ended up losing funding for his project which left me with a garage full of kitchen cabinets. I used these cabinets and I was able to arrange them to fit in the kitchen layout that I had. This was definitely a needed upgrade.

The cabinets were a dark chocolate cherry with a five inch crown on top. I decided to do the island different so I trimmed it with bead board and molding. then found a granite remnant at a local granite suppler. For the cost it turned out really nice. The back splash was more clearance tile that I had found. I also had about 400 sqft of travertine tile left
over from another project so I used that to build my counter tops. 

 Put in new appliances and that was that. I then proceeded to the next project the kids bathroom. I purchased some 16x16 tiles from a local store. just so I could cover up the old linoleum. I decided to buy enough to do the bathroom and the laundry room/ mud room. In the bath I had wrapped the room in bead board and painted it a Duck Egg Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I liked it for the most part but I didn't like that it didn't well in areas with moisture. any water spots would show up and wouldn't go away. I painted a little cabinet that I found on a Facebook yard sale site for $5. I left it chalk painted but did paint the wainscot white. 

In the laundry room/ mud room I had a leak where the main water line came in the house. I decided that I should remedy this but in the mean time I recessed the dry vent so I could push the dryer back to the wall and maximize the space in the laundry. I decided to do a back splash from floor to the bottom of the cabinets. 
I also took the blank wall where we had a temporary shelf that collected clutter and built in a mud bench and a place to put shoes. It was also my first attempt to upholster something. I found a fu fabric at the fabric store. I used that with some baton and foam to make a place to sit. added some hooks and some Ikea decorations and it turned out pretty good. 

I had some trim left over from a some houses I was trimming out for a local builder. I decided to use that to trim out my daughters room . I added a three foot wainscoting and in a small recess added a six foot shelf for all her stuffed animals. 

 That pretty much sums up the inside of the home. One October we had a very severe thunderstorm. It sent us crazy hail. This left me redoing the outside of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drm Properties LLC. delivered straight to your inbox

* indicates required