The Piano Bench
I'm not sure what the stains are from. I will leave that to your imagination but they need to go.
The wifey and I went to Hobby Lobby awhile back and grabbed this fabric. It was a small project so we only grabbed 1 yard.
I found this 1" foam at Joanne s. I cut it to fit the wood base. I put the fabric on a flat smooth surface , in my case my counter top, I set the foam on top and allowed 3 inches all around then placed my wood base on top. I then pulled the fabric up starting in the middle. I only pulled it tight enough to pull out wrinkles. This left sharper looking edges on the corners. I did the same thing for the opposite side then did the two short ends. I folded the corners so that they would be square down the corners. I did that to minimize any wrinkles.
I then put it back into the bench. This bench didn't have a hinge or anything so it just sets on top. It did however have a really loose leg. So I tightened up the leg.
Although its a small and simple update, it changes the entire look of the piano. It also doesn't clash with all the other things in our living room.
Thanks for following along on with the projects in our house. Feel free to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Follow me on Instagram or Twitter for sneak peaks into upcoming projects