Saturday, March 5, 2016

Brookelynn's Dresser

 Brookelynn's Dresser


I know I said that I was going to be sheet rocking the basement this weekend but with all the work I have been doing at my real job had taken a toll on my knees and ankles. So we decided instead to refinish Brookes dresser. 

I got this dresser when I first moved to Vernal four or five years ago. It served its purpose well and we picked it up cheap because it had a cracked corner. It has gone down through all  the girls. 

The girls however had this bad habit of using the bottom drawers as steps. Therefore the bottom 2 drawers have been fixed multiple times but they seem to be struggling again. 


 The first thing we did was make the decision that her dresser should be white. We then decided that it should have a different track system. The center track on this one broke through the flimsy mdf way to easy. 

Then we priced out Citristrip and other materials. Found 64 oz for about $20 and then four cans of white spray paint and a can of clear coat. for another $15 - $20. 

We then drove down to Ikea and bought her dresser. My other girls have this same dresser only in the light maple color. It has proven to be a very durable dresser and the price is very reasonable. I however should stress as  Ikea does that it is important to install the anti tip bracket. They have some lawsuits occur over this issue and it has resulted in injuries. So install the anti tip bracket. 

Maybe next week I can insulate Hailey's room and install sheet rock. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drm Properties LLC. delivered straight to your inbox

* indicates required