Monday, April 18, 2016

Blue Stain Pine.

Blue Stained Pine

I was given the request to install Blue Stained Pine on the ceiling of a cabin that I am building for a friend. I thought it would be kind of dark and uninviting so I thought limiting it would be beneficial to the space. Turns out as I started researching the blue stained pine that I realized the beauty in this wood. Find out more about it Here I decided instead that  the more the better.

 In this project we framed in the stairs and some half walls and furred out all of the framing so it would plain with the Sheetrock. After the electricians showed up we hung the Sheetrock. It took us a little longer to get the sheetrock done due to the proximity of the cabin to my home. It took forever to dry so I could only get one coat a day. We still need to prime it and spot light it for defect. We will be finishing the entire ceiling soon as well as installing the hardwood floors and the cabinets.  We will be doing hardwood up the stairs as well.  I thought I would share the Blue pine that I did install on the ceiling above the kitchen area with help from my trusty side kick "The Englishman"




So with the cabinets coming up next week I wanted a place to be done so we could put the cabinets in and not have them be in the way.








 

 So its not the easiest tongue and groove I have installed. The hardest part was trying to find semi straight pieces. We sifted through the stores inventory and only took a third of what they had because of the twisted and super crowned boards. The other issues where finding some that didn't have broken edges tongues or grooves. When installing It was hard to get it to actually fit tight. Then my friend the Englishmen had this Idea of creating a a lever system we would get the ends tight then nail a block to the ceiling above the crown and just pull it tight. This made for much ease the rest of the process. Good thing we learned it now because I still have a lot of ceiling to go.






 Looks pretty awesome. I am going to research how to get the best finish. I really want to pull out the blue out that is in the wood because it really is gorgeous.

So the one thing that sucks about building a cabin for someone else is that its not mine. Now I want to find a lot and build myself a cabin.  

Update: So I was going through some photos and I found this pick of the ceiling. You can see my Friend Novak. He was helping me install the hardwood floors. I didn't pick the forest green color. It's not my fave by far but the ceiling turned out awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drm Properties LLC. delivered straight to your inbox

* indicates required