Monday, January 25, 2016

Brooke's Room

Brooke's Room

So this is Brooke's Room. Before we bought the house this space was being used as an office. It originally had a linoleum floor. In order to sale they decided to cover up the linoleum with a crappy laminate. It looked ok but it wasn't what we wanted in her room. 

 


 We ripped out the laminate flooring to discover the linoleum. Who ever installed the linoleum used a 30 staples on center ever inch and a half. We had carpet coming the next morning and I was busting this stuff out with a pry bar until 3 in the morning.

 

 So this is what the little bear "Brooke"  had been living in; carpet and new flat stock trim. I overheard my little bear asking her mom if daddy was going to make her room cute. I have always done something special in the kids rooms to make them each unique.


So I started her room today. I decided to go with a 5 foot wainscoting around the room in a board and baton.  I really want to do something with the ceiling but since only 8 foot tall I may leave it be. She wants a chandelier, and yet the ceilings are only 8 foot tall. Here I snapped my lines for the wainscot. Some pictures are fuzzy I have had this issue with my I phone.

 


 Then here it is installed. I ran the same 5.5 flat stock base at the 5 foot level. I then bought a sheet of MDF 4x8x .5. I layed out my walls and decided that if I went 2" wide I could go all around the room. That way I only need one sheet of MDF. I then ripped down a piece of base to 1 inch to put on as the cap. I haven't painted just yet but I hope this week end I can get it done.




  
So I will paint this week end, maybe I will do something to the ceiling, and she, my little Brooke bear, wants a shelf for her stuffed animals. She has had a shelf in every house we have been in. 

So while I was at work my Wife decided to take it upon herself to paint the Brookes room. She has sent me these photos so that I can share. And of course the best part is that our little brook loves it. No more tears for her. 




I still want to do a ceiling treatment of some sort and and a flush mount chandelier. I think that will set it apart
 


Thanks for stopping by you can also follow me on Pinterest
or on  Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drm Properties LLC. delivered straight to your inbox

* indicates required