Monday, January 4, 2016

Back in the Day

Back In The Day..


I was going through a lot of my photos trying to figure out what to write about next. I came across some photos from quite a while ago. I don't have many finished photos but I have many in progress photos. I can at some point go over there and take some finished photos for the delight of everyone.

I was finishing the basement at my mom's. We were putting a basement apartment in, so I had a place to live in between houses, and of course because finishing the basement is a good way to gain equity.The basement was close to 1700 sqft. We started with the framing, and then ran the electrical. I started the Sheetrock in the one of the bedrooms but decided that I do not like doing Sheetrock. We hired that part out. 

 I added a kitchenette, a fireplace, three bedrooms, and a bathroom. We also added a little place under the stairs for the kids. I mounted a flat screen there so they had a place to watch their movies. So here are some photos for you to enjoy.









 After taking the pictures I realized how low the the pendant lights where so we raised them up quite a bit. 





So after  framing the basement we decided that since we were running gas lines for the fireplace that if we wanted to do anything upstairs, that we had better do it before we covered up everything in the basement. so we added this fireplace while we were at it. It fit in at the time but we have been talking about changing it to be more modern. They didn't have flat screens at the time so we added the niche and did in wall speakers for the surround. I hope to have this done with some other updates soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drm Properties LLC. delivered straight to your inbox

* indicates required