Monday, January 11, 2016

Once Upon a Ceiling

 Coffered Ceilings


 Once upon a time I decided that I I really like flat ceilings. Just for this purpose. I love the ceiling details that can be added to anything flat. I built this ceiling in a home I was building for a couple. I planned on doing it before they bought the house but I loved it so much that I decided I would do it anyway.  because there is living space up above I had to layout my electrical before framing the second floor to ensure that the can lights would line up centered in the boxes.



 
PHOTO COURTESY OF NATE MCKEETH. 
 
After doing the first ceiling I was building a house for my brother. I wanted to go a step further and try running light on top of the crown to illuminate each box. He let me do it of course. We put a switched outlet in the first box and ran a rope light around each box plugging one into the other. It is pretty dramatic. If I  was to do it again I would also put in the can lights so that there was plenty of light in the room rather than just the led rope and table lamps. Since I am doing a theater in the basement of my current home I am considering doing this to add a nice ambiance. and the coffer in the family area.


Thanks for visiting please follow me on Pinterest
or you can add me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drm Properties LLC. delivered straight to your inbox

* indicates required